Friday, November 12, 2004

Kamikaze Animals
or
There's My Hubcap!

Few random things today.

  • There is a large pale yellow dog (perhaps a lab, but probably a mix--still cute and playful looking) in my neighborhood who thinks it's fun to chase my car and run, particularly, in front of it. Excuse me doggy, but I don't want to hurt you, so please stop trying to meet your maker via my tires-- they're not that great to begin with-- my tires, that is.


  • Last night a deer ran out in front of the car in front of me. In five o'clock traffic. In a completely non-wooded area. From a school parking lot, even. It was a doe, I could tell that much. And a little too far from home. Looks like they ought to put a deer crossing sign next to the children crossing sign.


  • This morning on my way to work I saw a hubcap laying on the sidewalk, half emerged in some bushes. Someone might need that.


  • Last night I finally put a light bulb in our final living room lamp that has been light bulb-less since we moved in May. Subsequently, my roommate knocked the lamp over this morning and broke the bulb. I actually thought that pretty funny.


  • I love that I've gotten to know the people who work at the gas station. They treat me so well.


  • The lady who calls me "baby" (in a very southern-motherly way) at Arby's doesn't seem to be there any more. So sad.


  • I like soup.


  • And sleep.