Friday, July 01, 2005

It's Friday, I'm in Love

I've been marinating this post for a little while, but after reading Dave's about favorite song lines, I decided to pop this baby on to the grill.

I listen to a lot of mellow/sad music. When I want to get hyped up, I have to search through my music for something appropriate-- and it may only be a song here and a song there. There are only a couple of cds that I can pop in and let run without running into downer mode somewhere along the playlist. (no, I don't have an ipod or an mp3 player to make playlists-- or even a cd burner to make mixes. yes, I am bitter about it, so please don't bring it up. thanks) ;-)

Any hooo...

There are certain songs, though, that can make me smile at almost any time- such as The Cure's Friday I'm in Love, or for that matter, basically anything by The Cure. What are the others, you ask? Well, let's see, shall we? (now, remember, these make me happy- so even if they're lame, I hope you understand and will not rain [too hard] on my parade)

Songs That Make Me Almost as Happy as a New Lipgloss:
  • Drop the Pilot--Mandy Moore's version

  • Short Skirt, Long Jacket--Cake

  • Bye, Bye, Bye--N*SYNC (I know, I know)

  • Anna Begins--Counting Crows

  • Guero, E-Pro and Girl--Beck

  • Come Pick Me Up--Ryan Adams

  • Righteously--Lucinda Williams

  • This Is How We Do It--Montel Williams

  • When You Come Back Down--Nickel Creek

  • Love Fool--The Cardigans

  • Kiss--Prince


  • There are probably more, but these come to me off the top of my head.

    What songs make you smile?