Thursday, February 19, 2004

Bethany's Silent

We were neighbors before we were toddlers, where you found one you'd find the other. She and I have shared since we were one
From sandbox to bathtub to strawberry ice cream cones.
Everyday we laughed when we played, till that day everything changed
Suddenly Bethany's silent, and nobody's tellin' me why

They say Bethany can't come out today, she's got to stay inside.
I'm not allowed to go in and play, she'll not seek no, she's tryin' to hide.
Used to see a shadow in her bedroom window, lookin' like it wanted out
Suddenly Bethany's silent, and I don't see anyone now

Bethany's been out of school for weeks, they say I'm better off not askin' why
Her momma and daddy are lookin' beat, when they finally make it outside
I've brought them their mail and all her schoolwork and a strawberry ice cream cone,
But suddenly Bethany's silent, her parents just send me on home.

We were neighbors before we were toddlers, where you found one you'd find the other. She and I have shared since we were one.
From sandbox to bathtub to strawberry ice cream cones.
Everyday we laughed and we played, till that day everything changed
Now suddenly Bethany's silent and nobody's tellin' me why.