Friday, February 04, 2005

For Goodness' Sake

I have a mother who loves me. She spoils me and cares for me. She worries about me. She treats me well. I have a sister who loves me. She laughs with me and cries with me. She treats me well. I have a dad who loves me. He spoils me and cares for me. He worries about me. He treats me well. I have a Father who loves me. He is just and gracious. He does not treat me well. He is good to me.

I have had relationships in which I have been treated well and treated horribly. I have treated others well and treated them horribly. People change. God is good-- unchanging, unfailable, unbelievable. For, whether I believe it or not, God is good. Whether I agree or not, God is good. Whether I feel like I'm alone or wrapped in His arms, God is good. Whether I feel I am a disgrace or cover in His grace, God is good.

We can't truly be good to each other. Sometimes, with all that's wrong in the world, it's hard to remember or believe it, but God is good. And having God be good to you is so much better than being treated well.