Friday, February 11, 2005

The Girl I Mean To Be

I never pictured myself to be the most mature among my friends and colleagues. My hope has always been to remain youthful and spritely. However, lately I feel like I just want to yell at people to grow up. I've had the ever growing feeling of having to play mother to some. I've tried to balance this by being less mature myself, shirking responsibilities, but it has just recently occurred to me that the solution isn't me dumbing down, but them growing up. There comes a time when you have to take responsibility and if you don't you plant the onus on others around you.

I'm trying to figure all of this out. How to age gracefully, if you will-- and I'm not talking about wrinkles. In an attempt to pacify any encroaching tension and anger, I'm listening to a semi-operatic musical. Sounds like a mature thing, right? Nah, it's a musical we did in high school. Brings good memories. Plus, I like it. So, there.