Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Could've been

I wrote an entire post about love. About ways that love manifests itself and how it differentiates from lust. But, you know what? I don't really want to post it. I don't want some long, sappy post about what kind of love I want or need. I don't want to go on some over-emotional rant about this, that and the other thing that I have no idea about. I don't want to share that right now and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

I want to write about completely non-emotional things, like earthworms. Earthworms used to fascinate me as a child. The way they would all of a sudden over-ride the streets after a rain so that they wouldn't drown in their little holes. How they inch and wriggle, and can heal themselves. People say Love makes the world go round-- but maybe it's really earthworms. If not, there are definitely more insects than love in this world, so maybe it's the bugs-- and no, not the love bug, dang it.

On another note: I got my GRE scores back in the mail and, even though I got a higher score on the math part than the verbal, there were something like 67% other test-takers lower than me on the verbal and only 55% on the math. Go figure.