Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Doin' the Bull Dance, Feelin' the Flow

In all of the craze over the Grace's pumpkin party, I almost forgot to fill you in on my weekend experiences. Well, experience. So, you know the phrase "When in Rome, do as the Romans?" Well, I got to do as a honky-tonker this weekend and test my hand at mechanical bull riding!

It was pretty funny. The bull is on this huge air mattress (which I thought would be fun to do back flips on-- after a drink, yep--she's a smart one folks). Then I took a running start, gave a bounce and in one bound, hopped onto that thing like a seasoned wrangler. Even though I had no idea what I was doing. I believe I also shot off my mouth before getting on the bull about wanting the guy running it to "try to throw me off." And throw he did. He whipped that bull in 180 degrees and every where in between and beyond-- and then reversed. All in about 6 seconds. That air mattress is my friend.

I may have gotten thrown-- but I looked freaking cool doing it. :-)