Sunday, October 19, 2003

Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned

I cannot recall how many hours or days it has been since my last confessional. Not only have treacherous sins of lust and desire welled up within my heart, but I have abetted those impure, immoral longings to manifest themselves into reality. You have blessed me with a strong, healthy body-- in which you, yourself, claim residency. A body that you have deemed your holy temple and I, in my impropriety have defiled. I have turned your sanctuary into a den of thieving merchants and vagabonds. Turn your purifying fire against me, purge the evil from my body, consume the dross and anoint me with water and oil once again. Flush out the impurities and whittle away the excess. Please Father, forgive me my transgressions-- lead me not into temptation and deliver me from that McDonald's Quarter Pounder and fries. Ugh.