Monday, October 06, 2003

Take Two

Ok, so I know I already posted today, but I really had to let you all know about my weekend. I thought about hoping online last night, but knew one short post could turn into way too long on the internet-- especially given that I'm online approx 40hrs a week as it is.

So, this weekend. Friday night I decided to go to a 60 minute spinning (indoor biking) class at the YMCA. First of all, spinning scares me. I have bad knees and those people always look psycho biking like that. Apparently, however, spinning can help my knees get better. Well, needless to say, I didn't die. I actually enjoyed it.

What I didn't enjoy so much (although I laughed through it) was finding my car wouldn't start when I tried to leave. Or, rather, my alarm wouldn't turn off (it's silent and the lights just blink, thank God), but when the alarm is going off, the car is disabled and won't start. Someone tried to jump my car, but that didn't work. So, I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I thought about walking the 2.5 miles home, which isn't a bad distance (I go on a regular 4 mile walk or run) but they aren't the most "walkable" streets--read, no sidewalks and heavy traffic. So, a sweet high school girl gave me a ride home-- astonished that I wasn't more peeved about my car.

Both of my roommates happened to be gone for the weekend, so I was pretty much stranded at home (or at the mercy of my kind and wonderful friends--thank you thank you thank you) all weekend. I had my car towed from the Y on Saturday morning (when I was supposed to be at work) and some guy had the audacity to be ticked that the tow truck was in front of his car while picking up mine. Hey, buddy--at least you can get in your car and drive off once he moves! Ah well, I apologized for getting in his way nonetheless.

It was actually nice to be stranded and/or at the mercy of others for a little bit. Gave me a reason to take things easy-- and I got to enjoy some awesome time with friends, too.

Here comes the best news-- I just called about my car and it's not as bad as I thought. In truth, it's better than I could have imagined. Not only am I *not* in need of a new battery, the bane of my motor vehicle life that is the alarm from hell, has been taken out! The alarm was on the blink, so they disabled it and now my car is not only ready to be picked up, original battery in place, but I'm rid of the most annoying, sensitive alarm in the world!!!!! Woo hoo!

No more fearing passing roadsters or falling rain~ not this girl, she's alarm free (no exaggeration). I'm more than excited right now.